Filmmaker reminds us that portrait video still matters
People often roll their eyes at portrait video -- not only does it fail to capture the entire field of view, it also is the hallmark of an iPhone noob. This recording technique is so maligned that there even are iOS apps that force the camera into horizontal recording mode regardless of the phone's orientation.
This negative opion of portrait video didn't stop New York filmmaker Dan Toth from using the technique in a recent video that pays tribute to his neighborhood of Sunnyside, Queens. He uses it so effectively that your entire perception of portrait video will change forever, guaranteed.
[Via Laughing Squid]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature