Filmmaker reminds us that portrait video still matters
People often roll their eyes at portrait video -- not only does it fail to capture the entire field of view, it also is the hallmark of an iPhone noob. This recording technique is so maligned that there even are iOS apps that force the camera into horizontal recording mode regardless of the phone's orientation.
This negative opion of portrait video didn't stop New York filmmaker Dan Toth from using the technique in a recent video that pays tribute to his neighborhood of Sunnyside, Queens. He uses it so effectively that your entire perception of portrait video will change forever, guaranteed.
[Via Laughing Squid]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service