Dog Days of Summer: Remington, the iPhone retriever
Sometimes we don't need to look very far to find candidates for Caturday and the Dog Days of Summer. For TUAW editor Kelly Hodgkins, she just had to chase after new family puppy Remington (AKA Remy). According to Kelly:
I was on the porch, drinking coffee, when he (Remington) came up to me for a pat, or so I thought. Instead of sticking around, he grabbed my phone from the floor and took off with it. After about a 5-minute chase through the woods around our house, he thankfully got bored with the pursuit and dropped my phone on the ground.
Kelly's had a string of "incidents" with her iPhone recently, but it's still working fine:
The iPhone is a really amazing device... mine has been stepped on by a 100-pound German Shepherd, bent in my back pocket just enough to slightly crack the screen and dropped almost daily by myself or one of my brood. This week alone, the puppy ran off with it in the woods, and I dropped it in the lake while docking my kayak. Guess what? After all that, it STILL works!
If you have a Dog Days nominee to share, let us know via our feedback page (and please remember that the photo has to have some sort of connection to Apple and its products -- don't just send us a photo of your canine buddy). For security reasons we can't accept inbound attachments, so you should host the photo (Dropbox, Flickr, iPhoto Journals, etc.) and send us the link.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature