Flappy Bird maker ready to launch new Swing Copters game on Thursday
Flappy Bird creator Dong Nguyen confirmed that he has another game ready to launch on the iOS App Store. Similar to Flappy Bird, Swing Copters challenges the player to navigate a propeller-wearing character upwards through gates using taps to control the character's side-to-side movement.
TouchArcade got an exclusive early preview of the new game and says it captures that same "can't put it down" gameplay that made Flappy Bird so popular.
...But, like Flappy Bird, I love it. It feels like it's got all the same qualities that made Flappy Bird so sticky for me. Once you see even the smallest bit of success in the game, you can't help but play again, and again, and again, always trying to (in my case, anyway) top that amazing five point flight.
You can read the full review with video and browse through the screenshots on TouchArcade's website. The new Swing Copters game will debut on Thursday as a free download in the iOS App Store. An optional in-app purchase of 99-cents will remove the ads that ship with the free game.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)