LG's new design patent looks awfully familiar
Note: This story mistakenly noted Samsung as the patent filer, not LG.
Android phone manufacturers and Apple have a long and rocky relationship when it comes to design patents, which you'll no doubt be aware of if you're even casually interested in the world of smartphones. This week, LG scored an interesting design patent. For the next 14 years, LG owns the rights to this:
Yes, the earphone is a bit higher and the camera on the rear is in a different spot than Apple has ever placed it, but there's only one thing that comes to mind when you see the front of that device. Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, right?
[Photo credit: TeppoTK]
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter