T-Mobile wants to give your iPad a ton of data for $10
The battle for the loyalty of tablet users sees another shot fired today, as T-Mobile has announced a deal that duplicates the data allowance of any phone plan if you add a tablet. For the US$10 monthly tablet fee, whatever data plan you currently have for your smartphone will be duplicated on your tablet for no additional plan cost.
For example, if you have a plan that includes 5 GB of data for your smartphone, adding a tablet for $10 a month will include another 5 GB of data, for use with your tablet. Any cellular-equipped tablet is eligible for the deal, which starts on September 3rd.
If you already have a T-Mobile Simple Choice Plan and want to get some cellular data support for your tablet, it's hard to argue with a deal like this. Of course, if you're currently with a different wireless provider, you'll want to take a look at T-Mobiles plans before deciding whether or not it will pay to switch.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync