T-Mobile wants to give your iPad a ton of data for $10
The battle for the loyalty of tablet users sees another shot fired today, as T-Mobile has announced a deal that duplicates the data allowance of any phone plan if you add a tablet. For the US$10 monthly tablet fee, whatever data plan you currently have for your smartphone will be duplicated on your tablet for no additional plan cost.
For example, if you have a plan that includes 5 GB of data for your smartphone, adding a tablet for $10 a month will include another 5 GB of data, for use with your tablet. Any cellular-equipped tablet is eligible for the deal, which starts on September 3rd.
If you already have a T-Mobile Simple Choice Plan and want to get some cellular data support for your tablet, it's hard to argue with a deal like this. Of course, if you're currently with a different wireless provider, you'll want to take a look at T-Mobiles plans before deciding whether or not it will pay to switch.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app