Microsoft Office for iPad adds monthly subscription option
Microsoft's productivity software finally made the long walk to iPad earlier this year, but if the relatively steep price tag of the Microsoft Office apps has prevented you from giving them a try, Microsoft thinks you might just want to pay monthly instead. The company has now added a monthly payment options of US$6.99 (for the Personal license) and $9.99 (for the Home license) as in-app purchases.
The Personal subscription allows you to install the Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote apps on your iPad as well as one Mac or PC, while the slightly pricier Home version covers five tablets and five Mac or PC computers. You can currently commit to the monthly plan from within the Excel, Word, and PowerPoint apps.
The subscriptions are set to automatically renew every month, so if you're coughing up the small fee just to take them for a spin, be sure to disable your recurring payment before you get charged for a further month.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration