Rovio launches highly-commercialized Angry Birds Stella
Rovio today launched Angry Birds Stella, the latest game in the popular Angry Birds series. In Stella, players assume the role of heroine Stella and her five bird friends as they protect their home of Golden Island from Gale the Bad Princess and her piggy minions.
The Stella edition has the same sling-shot style gameplay of earlier Angry Birds titles, but with a strong commercial tie-in. For example, player can scan Hasbro's "Telepod" characters in order to unlock new playable characters. Rovio also plans to launch a new cartoon as well as line of books and toys for the launch. Angry Birds Stella is available for free from the iOS App Store.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter