Rovio launches highly-commercialized Angry Birds Stella
Rovio today launched Angry Birds Stella, the latest game in the popular Angry Birds series. In Stella, players assume the role of heroine Stella and her five bird friends as they protect their home of Golden Island from Gale the Bad Princess and her piggy minions.
The Stella edition has the same sling-shot style gameplay of earlier Angry Birds titles, but with a strong commercial tie-in. For example, player can scan Hasbro's "Telepod" characters in order to unlock new playable characters. Rovio also plans to launch a new cartoon as well as line of books and toys for the launch. Angry Birds Stella is available for free from the iOS App Store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync