Dear Aunt TUAW, I've recently become the proud owner of a 3rd generation iPod touch. I found the Nike+ app that uses some strange GPS/wifi-triangulation scheme to locate me and how far I run/walk. How does the iPod touch do this? Is it magnets? Smoke? Mirrors? Is this a reliable location-recko...
There are just two weeks left until the 3G iPhone bows with its new onboard GPS. The new iPhone will use several location methods using data from providers including Skyhook Wireless, Google Maps and the US Department of Defense NAVSTAR Global Positioning System. From most to least accurate, these a...
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter