We've received a blitz of emails from TUAW readers who have been pulling their hair out about an issue that appeared after they upgraded their iPads to iOS 4.2.1. As described by lots of users in the Apple support forums, Wi-Fi connectivity slowed dramatically after the upgrade. There seems to be no...
With the release of iOS 4.2.1, Apple has again gained the upper hand in the ongoing cat and mouse battle against iPhone unlockers. While the U.S. Library of Congress has decreed that users who choose to unlock their mobile devices for use on alternative networks cannot be prosecuted under the...
The iOS 4.2.1 update for my iPad brought many welcome features -- and one unwelcome one. Since upgrading, I have found myself unable to use the handy shift-drag trick to type capitals. Now, I move my finger down to shift, place it on the screen, drag to the letter I want, release it -- and get...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options