Tag: MarketAnalysis

Apple and Google mobile grew in 2011, all others shrank

Every month, the NPD analyzes the mobile market and tracks the performance of smartphone platforms and manufacturers. Now that the year is almost over, the metrics company released a comprehensive report that summarizes January to October 2011. Not surprising, the results show that Android is in ...

Continue Reading

Tablet LCD deliveries suggest big iPad delivery spike

Apple is facing the mother of all backlogs with the iPad 2, yet still producing enough tablets to be a major player in the tablet display market. Analysis released by Displaybank suggests Apple was responsible for the lion's share of 9.7-inch displays shipped in May. Apple's two LCD suppliers...

Continue Reading

The iPhone 4 sales ranking in Japan

Even in cell phone crazed Japan, the iPhone 4 is the top-selling handset according to a report from market research firm GfK Japan. Data from the first quarter of 2011 shows the 16 GB and 32 GB models in first and second place, respectively. Rounding out the top three is the Android-powered Sam...

Continue Reading

Analyst: iPhone mini could increase Apple's market reach by 6X, revenue 2.5X

Analyst Toni Sacconaghi of Bernstein Research predicts Apple could increase its addressable handset market by 6X in unit volume and 2.5X in revenue with the launch of a smaller, less expensive iPhone model, says Forbes. These projected numbers come from his analysis of handset market share and Apple...

Continue Reading

iPhone profits swamp competitors

Now that the flurry of earnings from the last months of 2010 have been announced by all the major mobile phone manufacturers, Horace Dediu of Asymco has summarized these figures in several stunning graphs. The market analysis company has compared the market shares, sales shares and profit shares of...

Continue Reading

iPad tops 17 million tablets shipped in 2010

The tablet market exploded in 2010 with vendors shipping over 17 million tablets, according to the International Data Corporation (IDC), Worldwide Quarterly Media Tablet and eReader Tracker. The Apple iPad led the way with 87.4% market share. The remaining 12.6% is comprised of Android and other tab...

Continue Reading

© 2015 AOL Inc. All Rights Reserved.