Bank of America is testing a new system that will let customers make mobile payments with smartphones, including the iPhone, Reuters reports. Testing has begun in Charlotte, N.C., where the bank is headquartered. Reuters reports the bank is using technology from Paydiant, whose mobile payment...
It's a game of rumor volleying when it comes to the iPhone 5 and Near Field Communication. Early rumors suggested the iPhone 5 would include NFC technology, but recent information from UK-based The Independent hinted Apple would launch its own NFC-based payment system with the iPhone 6. Now...
Thanks to Apple's job board, we may have more evidence that a future version of the iPhone and iPad may include Near Field Communication technology. A recent job listing is seeking a HW test engineer with experience in embedded systems and knowledge of various technologies including RFID. Engadget...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app