I have posted before about Navizon, the iPhone pseudo-GPS system. It uses cell phone towers to provide a rough estimate of your location without using actual satellite GPS positioning information. It costs $25 to buy and people have reported mixed results. Since all the cell phone tower information...
Peer-to-peer wireless positioning firm Navizon is offering refunds to customers who signed up for its $24.95 iPhone service. Now that Apple has put the kibosh on third party development, the company's software no longer works on the iPhone. According to the NY Times, the company did well despite the...
Today Navizon "virtual GPS" announced support for the iPhone via an application available through Installer.app. Navizon is an interesting concept for getting location information on mobile devices which lack GPS. It does this through a system that Navizon calls "peer-to-peer wireless positioning."...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync