As Engadget reports, OmniVision Technologies, Apple's supplier of CMOS sensors for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, has unveiled a 5 MP camera sensor that is capable of recording 1080p video. The sensor, named OV5690, is thin enough to fit in the iPod touch and iPad -- unlike the current 5 MP...
As reported by 9to5 Mac, last night Sony's CEO Sir Howard Stringer told Walt Mossberg that a Sony camera image sensor factory in Japan was damaged in the Sendai earthquake. As a result of that damage, Stringer said that getting those image sensors to Apple for the iPhone will be delayed. The...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature