As Engadget reports, OmniVision Technologies, Apple's supplier of CMOS sensors for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, has unveiled a 5 MP camera sensor that is capable of recording 1080p video. The sensor, named OV5690, is thin enough to fit in the iPod touch and iPad -- unlike the current 5 MP...
As reported by 9to5 Mac, last night Sony's CEO Sir Howard Stringer told Walt Mossberg that a Sony camera image sensor factory in Japan was damaged in the Sendai earthquake. As a result of that damage, Stringer said that getting those image sensors to Apple for the iPhone will be delayed. The...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync