A report from Karthikk.net alleges that Apple has begun shutting down the accounts of iOS developers who have sold "slots" on their accounts to users wanting to run iOS 5 betas on their devices without paying the US$99 yearly development fee. For a while now, developers have been offering to...
TechCrunch reports that Apple is cracking down on "app name squatters," developers who create an app and reserve a name on the App Store, but don't actually upload files to release and sell the app. Apparently this is an issue -- personally, I can't immediately think of any names that I'd need to...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options