When I was asked to review The Unarchiver 2.7, a free decompression utility from Dag Ågren/WAHa, I thought "Who needs this program, when Mac OS X opens most common archive formats?" I quickly found out that thousands of people rely on The Unarchiver to do tasks that lie beyond the scope of...
Every Mac comes with a built-in file compression utility, but its decompression support is limited. We've featured a perennial favorite, the Unarchiver before on the Daily Mac App, but today we'll take a look at a new kid on the Mac App Store block, TinyExpander. Just like the Unarchiver,...
Amazon must be testing some new accessory recommendation algorithms, as they have really branched out on this one: Reg Hardware in the UK has a story about Amazon UK's engine recommending Marmite, a popular sandwich-topping yeast extract in England, with a .Mac subscription. While I don't recommend...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update
- Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates