Tag: fast user switching
I've never used fast user switching on my Mac, but Rob Griffiths of Macworld presents several compelling reasons why enabling this Unix-based feature makes sense. He points out that working in a multiuser environment lets you troubleshoot issues without mucking up your current system setup. Whe...
Today's widget is quite simple. Locker is a Dashboard widget that performs a single trick: Double click it, and you're sent to a login window via fast user switching. Enter your password and return to what you were doing, with all your applications still running. Since it takes (slightly) less time ...
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter