As he even points out, this isn't the first time this has been done, but Quag7 has written up a very detailed, simple, and often hilarious (I feel the same way about Michael Bay!) guide for converting that old Apple ][e you've got sitting around into a Linux serial terminal. In this case, he runs a...
The Mactel-Linux project experienced some success this week when they got a copy of Gentoo Linux to boot on an Intel-based iMac. We know, Linux on Apple hardware isn't news (Yellow Dog or Ubuntu, anyone?), but it's still nice to reward the efforts of the seemingly tireless Linux community. They've...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free