I looked at the iSmartAlarm system last year and found it really useful and easy to install. I appreciated that, unlike most security systems, there was no subscription or recurring charges. Buy the gear, add more devices if you want them, and you're done. Now the iSmartAlarm system has been co...
I took a look at the iSmartAlarm security system some weeks ago, and now the company has pushed out an update to the hardware controller and the iOS app that lets you interact with the system. Among the changes: Give users the ability to change arming delay time (from instant up to 5 minutes) G...
You can spend a fortune or a pittance on a home security system. There are wired systems that contact the police or fire department for you, webcams with motion detection, systems with monthly fees, and systems that are DIY and cost you only for the hardware. Mostly, you get what you pay for, but th...
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter