Adam Pash has a detailed How-To up today for using Slapping Turtle's iAlertU (still in beta since we last mentioned it) along with some Applescript, an FTP server and the built-in iSight camera on your MacBook or MacBook Pro to find the punk who clipped your gear - if you're ever unfortunate enough...
You may remember iAlertU, the "theft alarm" that you can configure to go off when your MacBook Pro is moved (by unauthorized hands, that is), by making use of the Mac's motion detector. It's a pretty nice idea, but it leaves Powerbook users out in the cold. Enter MultiAlarm. It works in a...
I had my doubts about iAlertU, but I am big enough to admit that I was wrong (though I waited a few days just to be sure). iAlertU does, in fact, work and there is a free beta so you can protect your MacBook Pro. The developer is hard at work on another version of the software, so be sure to keep...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync