According to Matasano (home base for security researcher Dino Dai Zovi), the announced-but-unreleased web browser exploit that was used to win the CanSecWest MacBook Pro challenge involves browser support for Java. Turn off Java for Safari (or Firefox, or Camino) and your machine is immune. Let's ta...
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter