Last year, two Russian mobile phone operators, MTS and Vimpelcom (who owns Beeline), made headlines by deciding to drop the iPhone from their offerings. At the time, both carriers said that Apple's stringent contractual requirements were behind the decision to drop the most popular smartphone in t...
In the Soviet Union, you got a knockoff Motorola brick phone and you were happy. In modern-day Russia, however, you might want an iPhone from OAO Mobile TeleSystems (MTS). You'll pay over US$1,000 for the privilege. The carrier says that makes the iPhone a tough sell in a competitive market. ...
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter