Nokia released HERE Maps for iOS this morning, and in baseball parlance I would call it a swing and a miss. People are eager for a viable alternative to the much maligned Apple Maps app, but HERE Maps is no holy grail. Nokia is not new to the mapping business. They own NAVTEQ, which powers a...
Last week, Nokia announced that it was bringing a mapping solution to iOS and now that app is available in the iOS App Store. Nokia Here is a free, universal app that's powered by Nokia's NAVTEQ mapping data. It includes a garden variety of views like map view, live traffic view, public...
PC Pro UK has a fascinating article about the navigational maps we use on our devices and how they are made. This behind-the-scenes look examines how the four biggest digital map providers maintain their vast repository of information. Nokia-owned Navteq has a database that includes 24...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature