Nokia released HERE Maps for iOS this morning, and in baseball parlance I would call it a swing and a miss. People are eager for a viable alternative to the much maligned Apple Maps app, but HERE Maps is no holy grail. Nokia is not new to the mapping business. They own NAVTEQ, which powers a ...
Last week, Nokia announced that it was bringing a mapping solution to iOS and now that app is available in the iOS App Store. Nokia Here is a free, universal app that's powered by Nokia's NAVTEQ mapping data. It includes a garden variety of views like map view, live traffic view, public ...
PC Pro UK has a fascinating article about the navigational maps we use on our devices and how they are made. This behind-the-scenes look examines how the four biggest digital map providers maintain their vast repository of information. Nokia-owned Navteq has a database that includes 24 ...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7