A number of technology companies sent a missive to top lawmakers in Washington, DC, yesterday, urging that they authorize freeing up additional radio frequency spectrum for mobile devices. The letter was signed by Apple, Alcatel-Lucent, Nokia, Intel, Qualcomm, Samsung, Cicso, Ericsson and...
Speaking at a Law Seminars International event in Seattle, former T-Mobile head John Stanton said Steve Jobs wanted to launch the iPhone without carrier support. Part of his vision was to create a carrier for the iPhone that ran on unlicensed WiFi spectrum. "He wanted to replace carriers," said...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free