Last year, two Russian mobile phone operators, MTS and Vimpelcom (who owns Beeline), made headlines by deciding to drop the iPhone from their offerings. At the time, both carriers said that Apple's stringent contractual requirements were behind the decision to drop the most popular smartphone in...
These days, you can walk into any of the big national mobile carriers and walk out with an iPhone. But, as Fortune reports, things are quite different in Russia. The country's three largest wireless companies - MTS, VimpelCom (through its Beeline brand), and MegaFon - now refuse to stock the...
Earlier this week, Russian communications company VimpelCom announced their intention to bring the iPhone to Russia, the first company to do so. The particulars aren't available yet, but VimpelCom representatives said they hope to be selling the iPhone "...later this year." Earlier rumors were...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free