I've been a longtime fan of Dragon products, which seem to be at the very top of the line of speech recognition applications. I used an earlier version of Dragon Dictate to write large portions of a book, and I frequently use it for email as well as general control of Safari by voice. Nuance Commun...
There hasn't been any fanfare about this, but if you are using Mavericks, you now have a universal dictation feature that doesn't require an internet connection. Dictation made its debut in Mountain Lion and required an internet connection so your speech could be processed on an Apple server and ...
The Verge has a terrific article about voice synthesis and speech recognition that gives some interesting insights into how Siri and other digital voice assistants work. Although not officially acknowledged by Apple, Siri is based on technology from Nuance, the folks behind Dragon Dictate for Mac. ...
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter