I've been a longtime fan of Dragon products, which seem to be at the very top of the line of speech recognition applications. I used an earlier version of Dragon Dictate to write large portions of a book, and I frequently use it for email as well as general control of Safari by voice. Nuance...
There hasn't been any fanfare about this, but if you are using Mavericks, you now have a universal dictation feature that doesn't require an internet connection. Dictation made its debut in Mountain Lion and required an internet connection so your speech could be processed on an Apple server and...
The Verge has a terrific article about voice synthesis and speech recognition that gives some interesting insights into how Siri and other digital voice assistants work. Although not officially acknowledged by Apple, Siri is based on technology from Nuance, the folks behind Dragon Dictate for Mac....
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free