iPhone Takes Lead as Best-Selling Smartphone in the U.S.

According to a recent report by Reuters, the launch of the iPhone 5 has significantly boosted Apple’s market share, surpassing Android in the U.S. for the three-month period ending October 31. This update was provided by the Kantar World Panel earlier today.

Apple has now captured 48.1 percent of the market, a substantial increase from last year and just shy of its previous high of 49.3 percent. In contrast, Android’s market share in the U.S.

has decreased to 46.7 percent, down from 63.3 percent.

In Europe, Android continues to hold a dominant position, claiming 74 percent of the market in Germany and 82 percent in Spain. Despite this, Apple’s market share is on the rise in several key European countries, reaching 32.7 percent in the UK.

Dominic Sunnebo from Kantar World Panel commented on the findings, stating, “Apple’s ability to maintain high loyalty among its customers significantly contributes to its strong sales figures. An impressive 92 percent of Apple users in the U.S. have expressed their intention to stick with the iPhone for their next upgrade.

While maintaining customer loyalty is crucial, attracting new users is equally important. Currently, about 60 percent of iPhone 5 sales in the U.S. are from existing Apple customers, with the remaining 40 percent coming from new users. This balance shows Apple’s strong brand presence in the U.S.

Mel

Linda is a dedicated writer for TUAW, bringing insightful and engaging content to Apple enthusiasts. With a deep understanding of Apple products like the iPhone, iPad, and MacBook, Linda offers readers valuable tips, reviews, and news updates. His articles reflect a genuine love for technology and a commitment to keeping the Apple community informed. Linda’s clear and approachable writing style makes complex topics accessible, ensuring that every reader can stay up-to-date with the latest in the Apple world.