Sketch of proposed Boston Apple Store
More information on the upcoming Boston Apple Store is beginning to surface. The Boston Courant newspaper is reporting that the sketch above represents the design proposed by Apple to Boston's Back Bay Architectural Commission (BBAC) last week. Before you begin to ooh and aah, know that Apple is receiving a lot of opposition from the BBAC. They aren't happy with Apple's plans to demolish the building that currently resides on that lot (Bostonians: It's on Boylston directly across the street from the Pru) as well as the store's "extreme" design.
Personally, I'm hoping it all gets sorted out. As for the look of the all-glass facade, I've always felt that the blend historical and contemporary architecture that permeates Boston makes the city quite attractive indeed. But that's just me.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app