Sketch of proposed Boston Apple Store
More information on the upcoming Boston Apple Store is beginning to surface. The Boston Courant newspaper is reporting that the sketch above represents the design proposed by Apple to Boston's Back Bay Architectural Commission (BBAC) last week. Before you begin to ooh and aah, know that Apple is receiving a lot of opposition from the BBAC. They aren't happy with Apple's plans to demolish the building that currently resides on that lot (Bostonians: It's on Boylston directly across the street from the Pru) as well as the store's "extreme" design.
Personally, I'm hoping it all gets sorted out. As for the look of the all-glass facade, I've always felt that the blend historical and contemporary architecture that permeates Boston makes the city quite attractive indeed. But that's just me.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free