AAPL shares close up 8 percent
If you bought Apple at its lowest low yesterday, for just over a hundred bucks a share, you'd have made $13 per share back today. That doesn't cover your loss, of course, if you bought at its 52-week highs of just over $200 per share, but if you were a smart shopper yesterday, you got a heck of a deal.
Goldman Sachs analyst David Bailey said that the yesterday's price drop was "overdone" and reiterated his "buy" rating and $200 price target. Citi analyst Richard Gardner also recommended buying, but cut his price target to $170 per share.
"The recent sell off creates an opportunity as we think Apple will outperform our group through the end of the year, driven by iPhone unit upside and a strong product pipeline," said Bailey.
AAPL closed today at 113.71, up 8.45 points, or eight percent from its close yesterday.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV