Apple releases Q4 results: $20.34B revenue, $4.31B profits
Top line: hell of a beat. Apple today reports earnings of $4.31 billion, or $4.64 a share, in the fiscal fourth quarter, versus $1.82 a share in the year-ago quarter. Street guess was $4.08 a share on sales of $18.90 billion, according to Thomson Reuters, so like I said: hell of a beat.
3.89 million Macs were sold during the quarter (not 4M, but close, very close). 14.1m iPhones (almost 2x the previous year's number) and 4.19m iPads also sold in Q4.
Looking ahead, Peter Oppenheimer forecasts $23B in revenue and $4.80 per share earnings in the holiday quarter. Given the degree to which this quarter beat the predictions... whoa.
Join us at 5pm ET for the liveblog of the analysts' results call.
Disclaimer: I am a happy holder of a small amount of AAPL.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app