Apple releases Q4 results: $20.34B revenue, $4.31B profits
Top line: hell of a beat. Apple today reports earnings of $4.31 billion, or $4.64 a share, in the fiscal fourth quarter, versus $1.82 a share in the year-ago quarter. Street guess was $4.08 a share on sales of $18.90 billion, according to Thomson Reuters, so like I said: hell of a beat.
3.89 million Macs were sold during the quarter (not 4M, but close, very close). 14.1m iPhones (almost 2x the previous year's number) and 4.19m iPads also sold in Q4.
Looking ahead, Peter Oppenheimer forecasts $23B in revenue and $4.80 per share earnings in the holiday quarter. Given the degree to which this quarter beat the predictions... whoa.
Join us at 5pm ET for the liveblog of the analysts' results call.
Disclaimer: I am a happy holder of a small amount of AAPL.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)