Apple to unveil JointVenture, a small business repair service
We reported last week that Apple had scheduled a meeting for all its retail employees. The meeting was held this weekend, and the Cupertino company reportedly used this meeting to detail a new enterprise-oriented service called JointVenture. The program supposedly targets small businesses and lets them purchase a premium repair and training service for $500 per year. It sounds vaguely familiar to Apple's ProCare service.
For this sum, customers will reportedly receive priority Genius bar service, which pushes them to the top of the service queue and provides them with a loaner unit if a repair is to take longer than 24 hours. JointVenture customers may also be able to access a Genius-manned telephone support service and a limited number of group training sessions per year. The new service is rumored to launch on March 2 in the US and March 3 in the U.K. Additional details may be unveiled at Apple's March 2 event slated to be held in the Yerba Buena Center located in San Francisco, California.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options