Hype 1.0 allows you to create slick, animated websites in HTML5
If you've wanted to create a simple but attractive site with some animation but didn't want to go through the hassle of using Flash (not to mention the cost), check out Hype on the Mac App Store. Hype uses a simple timeline metaphor to allow you to place images, text, shapes and more into pages and animate them. Hype uses a Scene metaphor to arrange your pages, much as you would arrange slides in Keynote. Add in your graphics, video and text, and a simple animated site can be yours in a few clicks.
While you can make animated sites quickly with Hype, the real beauty is the fact that you don't need plug-ins to deploy your pages. Freed from Flash, Hype exports lightweight HTML5 that will work nicely across iOS devices and Macs without crushing your CPU or draining your battery. My MacBook Air is so relieved!
Hype is available on the Mac App Store for a limited-time price of US$29.99.
If you've wanted to create a simple but attractive site with some animation but didn't want to go through the hassle of using Flash...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype