MacBook Air EFI Firmware Update 2.1 addresses Thunderbolt issues
Apple has released MacBook Air EFI Firmware Update 2.1 to address issues with Thunderbolt performance and OS X Lion Recovery over the Internet on 2011-model MacBook Airs. According to Apple, the update is intended to "resolve issues with Apple Thunderbolt Display compatibility and Thunderbolt Target Disk Mode performance on MacBook Air (mid 2011) models."
The 3.99 MB update is fairly large as firmware updates go (they're usually less than a megabyte), and as with all firmware updates, Apple emphasizes that you must not interrupt your Mac's power during the update lest you risk turning it into a very attractive brick. The update requires OS X Lion, which is pre-installed on affected model MacBook Airs.
Apple has released MacBook Air EFI Firmware Update 2.1 to address issues with Thunderbolt performance and OS X Lion Recovery over the...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free