Best of 2011 nominations: iPhone social networking apps
During December and January, The Unofficial Apple Weblog is soliciting your nominations and votes for the best products for Mac, iPhone/iPod touch, and iPad. We'll start with nominations in a category, and then tally your votes for the top-nominated products a few days later. The winner in each category receives the highly-coveted title of TUAW Best of 2011.
Today's category for TUAW Best of 2011 nominations is iPhone social networking apps. Most of us love to share our every move with the rest of the world, and the awe-inspiring selection of social networking apps that have popped up for the iPhone is nothing short of amazing.
What's in this category? A flock of Twitter apps, everything from the "official" app from Twitter (free), the great Tweetbot app from Tapbots ($2.99), Icon Factory's wonderful Twitterriffic for Twitter (free for ad-supported version, $4.99 for premium upgrade), Echofon (free), and Big Stone Phone's Twittelator Neue ($1.99 introductory price). If Facebook is more to your liking, perhaps you like their free iPhone app.
TUAW wants to hear from you -- what's your favorite iPhone social networking app for keeping in touch with the rest of the world? Leave your nomination in the comments below. Voting will start soon!
Nominations close at 11:59 PM ET on December 19, 2011.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync