Rogue Amoeba on creating the look of Piezo
Christa Mrgan has published an interesting post at Rogue Amoeba about developing the look and feel of that company's Piezo recording software. Rogue Amoeba is known for simple, intelligent designs. It's fascinating to see how the company works from beginning to end, first defining the app's functions, then wireframing and prototyping to get everything right.
The article describes the influences that went into Piezo's look and feel, from the sublime (Piezo's look was inspired by a beautiful old audio unit) to the practical (a handle on the square icon). It's interesting to see Rogue Amoeba's commitment to making something special.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs