Sticker Shock drives home the reality of price inflation
If you're one of those who lament that things cost a lot more now than they did five, 10 or 50 years ago, you can keep track of exactly how much your costs have changed using Sticker Shock.
Create lists of items you commonly use or pay for, like a gallon of milk or your electricity bill, and then track its cost over time by adding different price points. You can break it down into a graph or a running list of changes.
It's a good supplement to your budget if you want to predict how much costs could change in the immediate future, but it's also a useful app for journalists and researchers who crunch this sort of data on a regular basis.
Sticker Shock is US$1.99 on the App Store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app