Sticker Shock drives home the reality of price inflation
If you're one of those who lament that things cost a lot more now than they did five, 10 or 50 years ago, you can keep track of exactly how much your costs have changed using Sticker Shock.
Create lists of items you commonly use or pay for, like a gallon of milk or your electricity bill, and then track its cost over time by adding different price points. You can break it down into a graph or a running list of changes.
It's a good supplement to your budget if you want to predict how much costs could change in the immediate future, but it's also a useful app for journalists and researchers who crunch this sort of data on a regular basis.
Sticker Shock is US$1.99 on the App Store.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter