Is Apple avoiding taxes in the UK?
The Daily Mail is reporting that Apple only paid £10 million in UK corporation tax for the last fiscal year, even though the country earned £6 billion in the UK. The paper has also accused Amazon and Google of UK tax avoidance as well. The report also discusses Apple's operations in Ireland, where the corporate tax is half that of the UK, and a Caribbean-based location.
Apple has previously lobbied for a one-year "tax holiday" in the US, hoping to bring some of its overseas cash stockpile back to the US.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature