Is Apple avoiding taxes in the UK?
The Daily Mail is reporting that Apple only paid £10 million in UK corporation tax for the last fiscal year, even though the country earned £6 billion in the UK. The paper has also accused Amazon and Google of UK tax avoidance as well. The report also discusses Apple's operations in Ireland, where the corporate tax is half that of the UK, and a Caribbean-based location.
Apple has previously lobbied for a one-year "tax holiday" in the US, hoping to bring some of its overseas cash stockpile back to the US.
The Daily Mail is reporting that Apple only paid £10 million in UK corporation tax for the last fiscal year, even though the...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free