Goldman Sachs projects AAPL will hit $750
Goldman Sachs sees a rosy future for Apple despite recent stock dips, expecting stock prices to hit $750 and advising investors to buy ahead of next Tuesday's earnings report. AppleInsider reports that analyst Bill Shope estimates that Apple sold 31.1 million iPhones and 12.5 million iPads in the previous quarter. Mac sales are expected to be "lackluster," he said, but better than Wall Street's expectations.
Fortune's Philip Elmer-DeWitt collected the iPhone sales estimates earlier this week and says the six most reliable forecasters have an average target of 35.1 million units, nearly a 90% year-over-year increase.
The Q2 earnings call will begin at 2 p.m. PT/5 p.m. ET on April 24.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter