Goldman Sachs projects AAPL will hit $750
Goldman Sachs sees a rosy future for Apple despite recent stock dips, expecting stock prices to hit $750 and advising investors to buy ahead of next Tuesday's earnings report. AppleInsider reports that analyst Bill Shope estimates that Apple sold 31.1 million iPhones and 12.5 million iPads in the previous quarter. Mac sales are expected to be "lackluster," he said, but better than Wall Street's expectations.
Fortune's Philip Elmer-DeWitt collected the iPhone sales estimates earlier this week and says the six most reliable forecasters have an average target of 35.1 million units, nearly a 90% year-over-year increase.
The Q2 earnings call will begin at 2 p.m. PT/5 p.m. ET on April 24.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free