Chinese customers investing in Apple's suppliers
It's a gold rush in China as investors line up to cash in on Apple's success by buying up shares in Apple's Asian suppliers, says a report in Reuters. Chinese law prevents investors from buying Apple directly, so many are turning to firms Apple mentioned on its recent supplier list. Even companies rumored to be an Apple supplier are benefitting from this enthusiasm for anything related to the Cupertino company.
Analyst Zhou Feng of Donghai Securities Co. said, "Investors want to share in Apple's growth as they believe sales of iPhones and iPads will remain strong." We will see how strong these sales are later today when Apple announces its quarterly earnings for Q2 2012.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app