Apple and Samsung sit down for mediation today
Apple CEO Tim Cook and Samsung CEO Gee-Sung Choi are meeting on Monday in a San Francisco Federal court, according to a Reuters report. The meeting is mandated by the court after earlier talks, noted in the court documents, failed to produce an agreement. By bringing in the CEOs, the court hopes to put an end to further litigation by either company.
Despite the court's good intentions, these negotiations may be challenging. Apple doesn't want to back down and told Reuters that it must protect its intellectual property from blatant copying. Samsung says its wants to end the legal battle, but Samsung mobile chief JK Shin admitted the two companies have a long way to go. He told Reuters,"There is still a big gap in the patent war with Apple but we still have several negotiation options, including cross-licensing."
Apple CEO Tim Cook and Samsung CEO Gee-Sung Choi are meeting on Monday in a San Francisco Federal court, according to a Reuters...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client