Apple and Samsung sit down for mediation today
Apple CEO Tim Cook and Samsung CEO Gee-Sung Choi are meeting on Monday in a San Francisco Federal court, according to a Reuters report. The meeting is mandated by the court after earlier talks, noted in the court documents, failed to produce an agreement. By bringing in the CEOs, the court hopes to put an end to further litigation by either company.
Despite the court's good intentions, these negotiations may be challenging. Apple doesn't want to back down and told Reuters that it must protect its intellectual property from blatant copying. Samsung says its wants to end the legal battle, but Samsung mobile chief JK Shin admitted the two companies have a long way to go. He told Reuters,"There is still a big gap in the patent war with Apple but we still have several negotiation options, including cross-licensing."
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration