New MacBook Air announced with Ivy Bridge CPUs, USB 3.0
Phil Schiller took the stage at WWDC 2012 this morning to announce an update to the MacBook Air. line. The new Airs feature New Ivy Bridge CPUs, up to 2GHz dual core. Inside you'll find up to 512GB of flash storage, up to 8GB of RAM and USB 3.0, which Apple says is "up to 10 times faster than USB 2."
Additionally, the FaceTime camera now does 720p. Prices start at US$999 (11-inch model) and $1099 (13 inch). They'll start shipping today.
For more, follow our meta live blog of the event.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update