Gemini now finds duplicates in iPhoto and iTunes
Gemini from MacPaw is one of those utilities you don't use every day, but is extremely handy to have around. The OS X software excels at finding duplicate files on internal drives, external drives or network volumes. It scans a folder at lightning speed, while giving you the option to view your duplicate files and choose which ones you want to remove.
The latest update to Version 1.3 adds the ability to remove duplicates from your iPhoto and iTunes library. The app is a must-have if you're like me and have thousands of photos and song tracks scattered about your drives. Version 1.3 also now supports Mountain Lion and the Retina MacBook Pro. You can find out more about Gemini on MacPaw's website and read through our review of the utility from earlier this year.
For a short time, Gemini is on sale for US$6.99 in the Mac App Store. This is a 30 percent discount of its regular $9.99 price tag.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter