A history of Apple print ads
During a lot of the early history of Apple, printed ads in magazines and newspapers were about the only way that the company could get the word out about whatever new technological advance they had just developed and wanted you to buy. Retronaut has a wonderful page full of many of those print ads from 1976 through 2002, perfect for viewing the evolution of the company from a one-product (Apple I) hobbyist-oriented firm to a consumer electronics giant seeing a resurgence under the leadership of Steve Jobs.
There are a few notable slow-sellers in the ads; there's the Apple III, the Newton MessagePad, and the much-loved but star-crossed Power Mac G4 Cube. All in all, it's a fun walk down memory lane.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration