PC Magazine names 13-inch MacBook Pro Editor's Choice
PC Magazine has singled out the new MacBook Pro 13 inch Retina display laptop as its Editors' Choice for a high-end ultraportable laptop. The review states that "if you absolutely must have a display with greater than HD resolution and you need to take that show on the road, you want this laptop." Even with the high praise the magazine notes the laptop is pricey and requires Retina-optimized apps for the best user experience.
The US$1699.00 (starting price) MacBook Pro sports more than 4 million pixels, flash-based storage and a weight of 3.57 pounds it is a lust-worthy laptop. For I/O, the new model has two Thunderbolt ports, two USB 3.0 ports, and an HDMI output so you can display your work on an HDTV. It does lack an optical drive, and Apple is pretty much eliminating these drives from all new hardware. The company does offer a $79.00 external SuperDrive for those who don't want to be without one.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)