PC Magazine names 13-inch MacBook Pro Editor's Choice
PC Magazine has singled out the new MacBook Pro 13 inch Retina display laptop as its Editors' Choice for a high-end ultraportable laptop. The review states that "if you absolutely must have a display with greater than HD resolution and you need to take that show on the road, you want this laptop." Even with the high praise the magazine notes the laptop is pricey and requires Retina-optimized apps for the best user experience.
The US$1699.00 (starting price) MacBook Pro sports more than 4 million pixels, flash-based storage and a weight of 3.57 pounds it is a lust-worthy laptop. For I/O, the new model has two Thunderbolt ports, two USB 3.0 ports, and an HDMI output so you can display your work on an HDTV. It does lack an optical drive, and Apple is pretty much eliminating these drives from all new hardware. The company does offer a $79.00 external SuperDrive for those who don't want to be without one.
PC Magazine has singled out the new MacBook Pro 13 inch Retina display laptop as its Editors' Choice for a high-end ultraportable...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements