Xmas Camera for iOS
Xmas Camera is a cute, free novelty iPhone app that allows you to adorn your photos of friends and family with holiday add-ons like beards, Christmas hats and snow flakes.
It's nothing fancy, but I can see people having fun with this. Add a Santa Beard to your wife or girlfriend, or pop a red hat on one of the kids.
The app is simplicity itself to run. Snap a photo, or take one from your camera roll. Then go to the library of clip-art and place it on your photo. You can re-size or rotate any element. Once you fix up your photo, you can email it, send it to Facebook or publish to Twitter.
The free app is sort of a come-on for an in-app purchase to get more clip art. The free version is sparse with just seven items. The in-app purchase of US$0.99 gets you an additional 39 items. If you like the app, getting the add-ons is not an expensive purchase. The extra clip art includes things like reindeer antlers, snowballs, candles, bows, icicles and more.
The free version is just fine if you're not wanting to go ape on adding holiday elements. Xmas Camera requires iOS 6 or later, and is not universal. Ho Ho Ho.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs