Daily iPhone App: Fitocracy uses community and game-like challenges to keep you active
Every year, people add exercise to the top of their list of New Year's resolutions. Most people kick off their fitness programs with a bang, but they slowly fizzle out after the novelty wears off. Up your odds of ending 2013 with a healthier you using Fitocracy, an iPhone app that turns your fitness into something fun.
Fitocracy is more than an iOS app. It's a social network filled with other fitness enthusiasts who will give you ideas for new exercises and encourage you in your daily routine. You can add individual friends and join groups that reflect your age, sport and exercise goals.
Fitocracy is also part game with a challenges and quests that award you points for the exercises that you complete. Achievements recognize your individual fitness milestones and levels keep track of your overall improvements. All your points, levels and more are proudly displayed on your profile page.
Fitocracy is an immersive tool that'll encourage you to fire up that treadmill even when you don't feel like exercising. You have to invest some time in setting up your community and entering your exercises, but the rewards of a healthier body and a happier outlook are well worth the effort.
You can download the Fitocracy app for free from the iOS App Store.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved