Daily iPhone App: Fitocracy uses community and game-like challenges to keep you active
Every year, people add exercise to the top of their list of New Year's resolutions. Most people kick off their fitness programs with a bang, but they slowly fizzle out after the novelty wears off. Up your odds of ending 2013 with a healthier you using Fitocracy, an iPhone app that turns your fitness into something fun.
Fitocracy is more than an iOS app. It's a social network filled with other fitness enthusiasts who will give you ideas for new exercises and encourage you in your daily routine. You can add individual friends and join groups that reflect your age, sport and exercise goals.
Fitocracy is also part game with a challenges and quests that award you points for the exercises that you complete. Achievements recognize your individual fitness milestones and levels keep track of your overall improvements. All your points, levels and more are proudly displayed on your profile page.
Fitocracy is an immersive tool that'll encourage you to fire up that treadmill even when you don't feel like exercising. You have to invest some time in setting up your community and entering your exercises, but the rewards of a healthier body and a happier outlook are well worth the effort.
You can download the Fitocracy app for free from the iOS App Store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station