Five apps for musicians from the beginner to the pro
There is no shortage of quality music apps in the iOS and Mac App Store. Here are five music-creation titles that will appeal to both the novice and the pro.
Anytune Pro+ [iOS Universal, $16.99]
Anytune Pro+ is a music slow-downer practice app that helps musicians learn to play songs by ear or transcribe tracks. The app lets you slow down the tempo, adjust the pitch, repeat loops and even share comments on a track.
DM1 Drum Machine [iPad, $6.99]
DM1 is a vintage-style Drum Machine that turns your iPad into a beat-making machine. It includes 86 different electronic drum kits, a step sequencer, a mixer and more.
Figure [iOS Universal, $0.99]
An easy-to-use music making app that lets you mix drums, bass and lead synth with your fingertips. Great for the some quick jamming when you have a few minutes to spare.
Drum Beats+ for Mac [OS X, $4.99]
Musix Pro - Epic Isomorphic Harmony Music Instrument [iOS Universal, $9.99]
Musix Pro takes a different approach to music theory by arranging notes based on their harmonic and musical relationships. The app includes a wide range of octaves, scales, keys, chords and modes that'll appeal to both the novice and the pro.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free