Daily iPhone App: Text file to-dos make the leap to iPhone with Todo.txt app
Sometimes the best to-do list apps are the ones that keep things simple. These basic list-making apps are perfect for those times when you need to jot down something quick like a phone number, a song you heard or an app you want to remember. One lightweight to-do manager with syncing support is the Todo.Txt app from Gina Trapani.
Todo.txt is a universal iOS app that uses the to-do file many of us keep on our computers. Instead of storing your task list locally on your hard drive, you can move your text file to your Dropbox folder and use the Todo.txt app to sync the list to your iOS device. The app pulls down your task list from Dropbox and allows you to view and edit it on the go. Any edits you make on your mobile device will be synced back to the text file on your computer. Since the list is a text file, you can edit it with any text editor under the sun.
Todo.txt is a basic list -- there are no checkboxes, drop-downs, reminders or date pickers. All you have to do is add an item and then mark it completed when you are done. If you need to organize your list a bit, Todo.txt lets you prioritize your tasks and tag them with project names and contexts. You can also search or filter your list.
Todo.txt is available in the iOS App Store for US$1.99. It requires a Dropbox account.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service