DivX Stash is a new free service that lets you get control of your online video viewing
DivX Stash is an interesting and free service that lets you collect your favorite YouTube, Hulu, Vimeo and videos from other sources and keep them in a central library. The service is in beta.
You can create custom playlists and watch them on any iOS device with a free app or on your Mac. If you see something you like while on your Mac, stash it, then watch at your leisure on your iPad or iPhone. Or you can reverse the process and watch on your computer.
On the Mac, the system requires a Safari, Firefox or Chrome extension. When it is installed, click on the button, and a link to the video is saved in the cloud. You have the option to add some notes, or save it to one of your playlists.
This is an interesting idea with a couple of downsides. The service requires a Facebook account for your login and password. One of the most obvious things you do with videos is share them, but DivX Stash doesn't support that yet. The developers say it is coming.
You can get more info at the DivX Stash website and start organizing those online videos right away. More features will be added throughout the year, so keep an eye on them. I think when sharing is added, it will be a very compelling service.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter