CNN Money happy with MacBook Air battery life
CNN Money reporter JP Mangalindan recently got his hands on a review unit of the new 11-inch MacBook Air and he has good news to report. As a longtime Air user Mangalindan's major criticism of his old 2011 model was its skimpy battery life. While Apple said the 2011 Air was capable of five hours of life, Mangalindan experienced closer to three hours before he was out of power. Based on his experiences with the 2013 review unit however, it appears the Air's battery problems have been solved.
The review unit is an 11-inch MacBook Air with a 1.3GHz dual-core i5 processor, 4 GB of RAM and 256 GB of flash storage. Over the course of his basic testing, Mangalindan was able to get eight hours of battery life with WiFi on, multiple apps running, the brightness turned up and the keyboard illuminated. Now granted this is a brand-new unit, so as time wears on that battery life will drop. But that's still an incredible amount of juice for such power-intensive use settings.
Mangalindan will have a full review later this week, but head over to CNN Money now to check out the rest of his first impression.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs