Apple fixes MacBook Air Photoshop screen flickering and Wi-Fi issues with software update
Apple has released the MacBook Air (Mid 2013) Software Update 1.0 to address a number of issues the new Haswell MacBook Airs have had since their launch last month. According to the release notes:
This update is recommended for MacBook Air (mid 2013) models.
This update fixes an issue that in rare instances may cause an intermittent loss in wireless connectivity, an issue with Adobe Photoshop which may cause occasional screen flickering, and an issue which may cause audio volume to fluctuate during video playback.
Almost immediately after the new MacBook Air's release, screen flickering while in Photoshop was reported in user forums, followed shortly after by Wi-Fi connection issues, and then just last week, volume fluctuation issues. If this update does indeed fix all issues it will be a nice hat trick for Apple and their newest laptop, which has garnered rave reviews for its 12-hour battery life.
Users can download the update by running Software Update on their MacBook Air.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app